Establishes eligibility for membership at UCSF Fitness & Recreation Centers.
This policy establishes eligibility for membership at UCSF Fitness & Recreation Centers: Millberry Fitness & Recreation Center at Parnassus, Bakar Fitness & Recreation Center at Mission Bay, and mini fitness centers at various UCSF locations.
- UCSF Students whose tuition includes Campus Community (CC) and Student Services fees may use Millberry, Bakar and the mini fitness center facilities at no charge upon registration of their UCSF ID badge at the fitness center. UCSF Students whose tuition does not include CC fees are eligible for membership at the Affiliated Student rate.
- Registered students from other UC campuses may use recreation centers at all UC campus facilities. This reciprocal agreement is subject to any required approval from individual governing and/or advisory boards and utilizing the following guidelines:
- During the academic year, all valid UC student IDs will be honored at the recreational sports facilities system wide. At specialty facilities, i.e. aquatic centers, equestrian centers, etc., the visiting students may participate by paying the standard campus student rate.
- Summer Quarter/Session – All UC students will be eligible to purchase summer passes as though they were continuing students at the campus they are visiting.
- UCSF faculty, staff, postdoctoral scholars, fellows and residents are eligible for a discounted membership upon presentation of a valid UCSF ID badge.
- Certain contractors and affiliates, specifically those who have been issued a valid UCSF ID badge, are eligible for a discounted membership upon presenting their badge.
- UC employees are eligible for a discounted membership upon presentation of a valid UC ID badge.
- Other discounts are available, such as to alumni, City and County employees, disabled persons, qualifying businesses and property associations, and other groups.
- Non-discounted memberships are available to the General Public. General Public members who are age 60 and over are eligible for a senior citizen rate.
Prevailing member rates and categories are posted on the UCSF Fitness and Recreation website: http://campuslifeservices.ucsf.edu/fitnessrecreation/services/membership
Contact Fitness & Recreation, Campus Life Services with any questions.
University of California Policies Applying to Campus Activities, Organizations, and Students, Office of the President