A critical component of a comprehensive safety program is the use of Video Systems. The use of Video Systems on University property is intended to deter crime, aid in the apprehension of suspects, and enhance the overall safety and security of spaces owned, occupied, leased, or loaned to UCSF Health and Campus.
The centralized control of Video Systems provides UCSF with the necessary security of equipment and property and it provides for the safety of students, employees, patients, and visitors.
- Facilities Services is the only department designated to install and service UCSF Video Systems. Departments or outside vendors are not allowed to install or maintain Video Systems for UCSF occupied spaces.
- New building construction, tenant improvement projects, and security improvement projects that are managed by a UCSF Project Manager and for which proper permits are obtained: the initial installation of Video Systems can be supplied by a third party vendor as an expense against building/project funds. Ongoing maintenance must be performed by UCSF Facilities Services.
- This policy regulates the UCSF Video System but should not guarantee that the Video System will be monitored in real time, twenty-four (24) hours per day, and seven (7) days per week.
- This policy does not regulate the use of video in transportation vehicles, drones, UCPD body cameras, video conferencing, research activities, medical procedures, delivery of education/training, business/promotional production, commercial television or movie production, personal mobile recording devices, and automated license plate readers.
- Video Control
- Access to Video System live feed or recorded images is limited to authorized operators and persons.
- Access to the Video System is limited to UCPD, UCSF Health Security, UCSF Health Patient Standard of Care, and Facilities Services.
- Facilities Services Access Control & Security Services will keep a log of all individuals with access to and use of live feed or recorded Images.
- The departments that can request video data are UCPD, Labor and Employee Relations, SecAccess, and Risk Management.
- Facilities Services Access Control & Security Services will keep a log of all individuals with access to and use of live feed or recorded images.
- Ensure the protection of individual privacy rights in accordance with state and federal laws, UCSF Pride Values, and the core values of the University of California.