Travel & Meeting/Entertainment


This policy outlines campus specific policies relating to UCSF in the areas of travel, meeting, and entertainment that are not covered by UCOP policies.


Recommended UC travel portal for booking air, car, and hotel.

Corporate Travel Card

A credit card issued by UCSF which is used for business travel related expenses.


Employee travel and non-travel reimbursement, and non-employee reimbursement system for business travel-related expenses.

Signature Card

The U242 Signature Authorization Card, granting signature authorization to specific individuals for certain departments and University expenditures.

“University” as stated in UC Policy G-28, Travel Regulations

For UCSF, this means the Chancellor or Chancellor’s delegate.

A. Travel

  • Use of Connexxus for business travel purchases is recommended.
  • Use of MyExpense for Travel reimbursement is required.
  • Corporate Travel Card – there is a six month employment requirement for new employees seeking a travel card.  Exceptions to this requirement will need the approval of the Controller’s Office.
  • Cash advances for non-employees must be approved by the Controller’s Office AP Director or delegate.

B.  Meeting/Entertainment

  • Use of My Expense for Meeting and Entertainment reimbursement is required.
  • The host name is required on the Meeting and Entertainment form but the host signature is not required.

C. Approval Authority

Approval for reimbursement of travel and meeting and entertainment is based on signature card delegation. Certain travel, meeting and entertainment, tuition, honorarium, and relocation reimbursements require exceptional or special approval and must be approved in accordance with the Travel & Entertainment Expense Approval Matrix posted on the Controller’s Office website. Exceptional approval is delegated by the Chancellor and is generally limited to a small number of individuals within each Control Point.

  • Department approver’s responsibility is to ensure that the travel and meeting/entertainment expense reimbursement is in compliance with UC policies.
  • Campus Controller’s Office, Accounts Payable Unit has the responsibility to maintain and update this Campus Administrative Policy and the related travel and entertainment reimbursement procedures.